YAMAHIKO Double Bass Pickup System MODEL: CPS-DB
Creates a perfect reproduction of your performance to the audience
The pickup, when properly used, does justice to the sound of double bass. It shows the bass off as a "solo" instrument. Our excellent sound pickup system helps you bring your most delicate acoustic expressions to the audience at the highest level possible.
- Wide range of sound coverage without noise
- Close to natural acoustic sound even in bow play
- High fidelity to meet studio work
- Low noise, high fidelity of output
- Compatible as string height adjuster itself
- Because the cable can be removed, it is possible to rotate easily as an adjuster.
- User friendly setup available - one pickup or two - by variety of setup manners using sensor, adjuster, interconnecting cable, output cable, depending on your requirement
- Stable sound quality for long time use due to built-in system in the string height adjuster - over 20 years by professional players' use
- A repair man who has installed the adjuster will be able to install this system. And, we strongly recommend the installation to be requested to such a repair man.
Note: This pickup mounting it is strongly recommended to ask a professional instrument technician. Exactly how to install the adjuster is the same, it is safe to ask if you can order the installation of the adjuster instrument workshop.
Sample soundThese sample sounds were recorded only with Pickup.
Pizzicato sample sound by Eddie Gomez
Bowing sample sound by Eddie Gomez
Eddie Gomez’sEddie Gomez's commentsHis interview video
The sound picked up
Perfectly in "Flat "Our pickup has particularly wide range coverage up or down into higher/lower octaves perfectly in "flat " linear in all registers.
It is essentially important for good equalizing free from sound unbalance trouble as frequently heard by many other pickups, such as some range of sound drops or improperly emphasized.The resonance of the instrument often makes peculiarly strong peak in some registers, which cannot be well adjusted by equalizing without deteriorating other registers around. Our pickup amounted in the bridge, the least resonant position of the instrument, can pick up the wide range of the sound as natural output even when played with the bow.